In the second of two Backyard Life videos, professional angler Brian Latimer shares his garage shop organization ideas during his completed garage-to-workshop conversion project.
Long before becoming one of professional bass fishing’s brightest stars, Brian was known for his on-lawn skill and expertise. He’s been a big part of growing his family’s multi-generational landscape contracting and retail businesses over the last decade-plus.
While Brian’s project is technically complete, he says it’s really never done—as his garage shop ideas are always flowing! There’s always another storage area you can add, or another add-on to make a shop more efficient. But, for his needs, Brian can say this huge undertaking is now complete.
Garage Shop Storage Ideas
Brian’s one of professional bass fishing’s biggest stars—and is known for having one of the biggest arsenals of fishing tackle and gear, too. Whether it’s lures, fishing line, rods or reels, he’s got a boatload of each.
Brian doesn’t just store tackle in his garage shop, but also equipment—namely his bass boat. (It’s probably why he refers to it as his “boat shop.”) The space also serves as his workshop; the place where he comes up with new lure ideas. (Brian sells a number of lures and kits under his “B.Lat” and “Vibes” brands.)
Here’s a look at the pre-conversion checklist Brian worked off of to make his a reality:
1) Insulating the space and adding walls. Done! Brian’s new workshop conversion isn’t just properly insulated, but also full of clean, well-lit walls, shelves and storage space.
2) Garage shop organization. Done! Brian’s space epitomizes organization. Knowing where all his stuff’s at—and having a system in place for new stuff to come—will make this “doer” more productive than ever.
3) Creating a home for his boat. Done! Brian now has ample room for his boat (and a few other toys). And, as a bonus, the space is also now much safer for his young children to wander around in.
4) Climate control. Done! Heated in winter and air-conditioned in summer, Brian now has a space he can work in ‘round the clock without sweating up a storm, or freezing his ears off.
Follow Brian’s lead and get started on your very own garage-to-workshop conversion! If you missed the first video, check it out!
More Like This:
- Horse Barn Conversion Ideas
- How to Install an Automatic Gate Opener
- How to Install an Underdeck Ceiling